Immigration Medical Exams (IME) in Calgary
Are you planning to migrate to Canada soon and looking for a qualified doctor to conduct your (IME) Immigration Medical Exam?
Dr Helena Mentz, MD is authorised to conduct Immigration Medical Exams (IMEs) in accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements and is genuinely committed to assist you in making your Canadian dream come true.
Dr Helena welcomes those who need to have an immigration medical. Book your appointment early to ensure Dr Helena will be available at the time you plan to come through Calgary for your Immigration Medical Exam.
Frequently asked questions
- Book an appointment here.
- Please be at the clinic on or before your scheduled appointment and expect to be with us 45 to 60 minutes.
Should you need to cancel or postpone your appointment, please notify Dr Helena’s Medical Clinic at least 48 hours in advance.
What to bring
- Your valid government identification documentation or passport
- Your IME form if you have been issued one – click here for more info
- List of all your current medications as well as the dosages used
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, bring them with you as we will conduct an eye exam
What to expect
You can expect to be at the clinic for 45 minutes to an hour.
- We will take your photograph.
- You will be required to provide a urine sample (at no extra cost).
- Forms will be provided for your bloodwork and x-ray .
- You will be directed to go downstairs to Mayfair Diagnostics for x-rays.
Once your medical is complete, you will need to book an appointment for your blood work directly with Alberta Precision Laboratories by calling +1 403 770 5136 or book online at www.albertaprecisionlabs.ca.
Blood test results are usually received within a week.
What are the fees?
- Medical exam
Adults: CAD $225 cash
Children 10 and under: CAD $200 cash
CAD $75 – payable to Mayfair Diagnostics
- Blood work at Alberta Precision Laboratories
CAD $40 – $50 payable to laboratory
What about parking?
Parking in our building is free for 2 hours. For directions to our office, check out the Google Map on our contact page.
What if I need to cancel or postpone an appointment?
Should you need to cancel or postpone your appointment, please notify Dr Helena’s Medical Clinic at least 48 hours in advance. Cancellation fees apply.
‘No Show’ or Same-day cancellation of 10-minute appointment: $50.00
‘No Show’ or Same-day cancellation of 30-minute appointment: $100.00