Minor in-clinic procedures
Calgary Doctor Helena Mentz, MD performs minor procedures in-clinic which are minimally invasive, allowing you to go on with your day.
Doctor Helena welcomes those who would like to have any minor procedures and surgeries and will refer them back to their regular doctor as the patient wishes.
Minor skin procedures
Dr. Mentz is very experienced in the treatment of a number of minor skin conditions. Benign growths can be treated or removed if they cause the patient discomfort, or even for aesthetic reasons.
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Benign skin mole – melanocytic naevi
- Burn treatments
- Excision of skin and subcutaneous lesions (e.g. sebaceous cysts, lipomas, fatty tumours, ganglion cysts, scar excisions)
- Foreign body removal
- Growth biopsies
- Incision and drainage of superficial abscesses
- Joint injections
- Laceration and incision repair of skin and soft tissue
- Mole removal
- Pilonidal cyst and sinus excision
- Pre-cancerous and cancerous skin lesions
- Removal of seborrheic warts, skin tags, plantar warts, sebaceous cysts, nevus (moles)
- Squamous cell Carcinoma
- Ingrown toe nail resection
- Trigger point injections.
What to expect
All minor skin procedures will be conducted in-clinic and are of short duration. Such procedures may be conducted using a local anesthetic.
Depending on the patient’s treatment, Dr. Mentz may use a scalpel, a curette (a looped instrument), or liquid nitrogen to remove or address skin issues. Liquid Nitrogen Therapy may also be used for precancerous lesions as well as both actinic and seborrheic keratosis.
On occasion a patient might require a more extensive procedure or a skin biopsy for worrisome skin lesions. In these cases, Dr. Mentz will ensure that any necessary referrals will be affected and provide the patient updates about their biopsy results.
What will happen
A minor surgery is a minimally invasive procedure which may or may not require a local anaesthetic. It provides the patient with a safe and quick process saving you the inconvenience and uncertainty of a hospital visit, allowing you to get on with your day.
Dr. Mentz is an expert in safe and effective IUD insertion procedures preferring the newer hormone regulated IUD’s , which is indicated for contraception as well as to regulate dysfunctional uterine bleedings.